Seven books brought out by the Publications Division, Ministry of I&B, were released during the World Book Fair by Secretary, Ministry of I&B Amit Khare. The World Book Fair being organized at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from 5th to 13th January, 2019.
The list of books released are :
- Bapu ke ashirwaad – a compilation dedicated to the importance of thoughts and their possible impact in dealing with every-day life’s tribulations. The USP of the book is that it contains original handwritten thoughts and messages of Mahatma Gandhi.
- 2500 years of Buddhism –itgives an inclusive account of Buddhism in the last 2500 years. Its Foreward was written by world-renowned philosopher and India’s second President Dr. S. Radhakrishanan when it was first published in 1956. The present edition has been brought out with several illustrations after the inclusion of the book in the prestigious limited list of India publications which have been selected by Ministry of External Affairs for Indian Missions and libraries abroad under its ‘Bharat ek Parichay’ programme.
- Portraits of Strength – it salutes bravery against odds. It is about the hitherto unheard, unsung women from far flung parts of India, whose contribution has been hailed by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in Mann ki Baat.
- Hindi Swadesh mein aur Videsh Mein – about the coming of age of Hindi language and its literature not just within the country but even beyond. The book is at once simple and lucid despite being a well-researched scholarly work.
- Rang Birangi Kahaniya– a quintessential children’s book.
- Badal ki Sair – a collection of short stories written keeping the growing up child in mind. The stories are essayed in a manner to highlight the lucid story-telling style made popular by Munshi Premchand.
- Aao Paryavaran Bachayen aur Dhra ko Swarg Bnayen – about saving the environment amidst the cross–fire of development. A product of co-publishing arrangement with the Sasta Sahitya Mandal, the book deals with the hazards of defying nature.