Army chief says Balakot terror camp reactivated

Army Chief General Bipin Rawat today said Pakistan has reactivated Balakot very recently and about 500 men were waiting to infiltrate into India. “Balakot has been reactivated by Pakistan very recently. That shows that Balakot has been affected. It had been damaged and destroyed. And that is why people have got away from there and now it has been reactivated,” he told reporters at the Officers Training Academy in Chennai.

He also said around 500 infiltrators were waiting to infiltrate into the country. “…some action had been taken by Indian Air Force and now they have got the people back there,” he said. The decision came in the backdrop of India’s decision to abrogate Article 370 and bifurcate the state into two Union territories.

Indian national security establishment had confirmed the reactivation of the Balakot facility, that is training 40 jihadists. The top levels of government were informed too. According to intelligence sources, JeM may not only target J&K but also Gujarat and Maharashtra under a new name to avoid international scrutiny.

Indian Air Force (IAF) had launched the pre-emptive air strike on Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on 26 February. 12 Mirage 2000 fighter jets launched an airstrike on Jaish-e-Mohammed training camp in retaliation against Pulwama terror attack in which 40 CRPF jawans were martyred.

For Local News and Immediate Delivery, download our Android App