Bengaluru 19 Nov: As a run up to the Global Exhibition on Services (GES) 2019 scheduled at Bengaluru, a Curtain Raiser to the event was held today at Hotel JW Marriot Bengaluru in the presence of Shri Jagadish Shettar, Hon’ble Minister for Large & Medium Industries, Govt. of Karnataka. Hon’ble Minister was joined by
- Shri Sudhanshu Pandey, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, GOI
- Shri Darpan Jain, Joint Secretary, Commerce Department, GOI
- Smt. Sangeetha Godbole, Director General, Services Export Promotion Council, GOI
- Shri Gaurav Gupta, Principal Secretary, Department of Industries and Commerce, GOK
- Smt Gunjan Krishna, Commissioner, Department of Industries and Commerce, GOK
- Shri Sathish Raman, Chairman, CII Southern Region
- Shri Aman Chudhari, Vice Chairman, CII Karnataka
Welcoming the captains of the industry and trade, hon’ble minister informed that the government is aligned towards the champion services sector and the state government is formulating a strategy for the services sector. He said Karnataka’s economy is growing at 9.6% and is spearheading in india and is also the second highest in per capita income just next to delhi. We are the number one state in india for services and other than the IT industry we are also the leader in Health, Education and Tourism Sectors.
The Additional Secretary invited all delegates to participate in the event and add value to the event. He mentioned that there are a lot of opportunities in the international market to promote services and Karnataka is the best destination for the same.